Montessori Plus is hiring a Director
Opening Position: Montessori Plus Director of School
318 3rd Ave S. Kent, WA 98032
Director of School will have the following qualifications:
- BA, ECE State Certificate (or qualified to get it), two years of experience teaching children in a 2 ½ to 6 Montessori classroom, prefer at least one year experience as Director of a classroom.
- Montessori Certificate from a MACTE-accredited training center for the level, 2 ½ to 6 years.
- Experience implementing the Montessori philosophy and curriculum.
- Ability to lead and supervise Montessori teachers and interning teachers. (Montessori Plus School is a Montessori training center affiliated with the Montessori Teacher Preparation of Washington.)
- Experienced in planning and evaluating the Montessori program.
- Ability to work with and encourage parents to follow the Montessori values of independence, self-confidence and enjoyment of learning of their children.
- 15- 25 children will learn in one classroom; or 30 children in the divided classroom.
- Support the teachers’ work and ability to lead each individual child to reach his/her full potential.
- Support the teachers’ management of the beautiful classroom of materials and each child’s knowledge of the world through them.
- Participate and encourage respectful actions of children and adults to each other, and the acceptance of all ethnic groups.
- Accept and participate in, if possible, the sharing of the Good News of Jesus Christ and celebration of His birthday and other Christian events.
Salary and benefits will be discussed at the interview and will be based upon experience and qualifications. The job is fulltime but flexible in hours.
Call: Sharron Reece, 206-919-8141 for further information and an interview.