Opening Position: Montessori Plus Director of School
318 3rd Ave S. Kent, WA 98032
Director of School will have the following qualifications:
- BA, ECE State Certificate (or qualified to get it), two years of experience teaching children in a 2 ½ to 6 Montessori classroom, prefer at least one year experience as Director of a classroom.
- Montessori Certificate from a MACTE-accredited training center for the level, 2 ½ to 6 years.
- Experience implementing the Montessori philosophy and curriculum.
- Ability to lead and supervise Montessori teachers and interning teachers. (Montessori Plus School is a Montessori training center affiliated with the Montessori Teacher Preparation of Washington.)
- Experienced in planning and evaluating the Montessori program.
- Ability to work with and encourage parents to follow the Montessori values of independence, self-confidence and enjoyment of learning of their children.
- 15- 25 children will learn in one classroom; or 30 children in the divided classroom.
- Support the teachers’ work and ability to lead each individual child to reach his/her full potential.
- Support the teachers’ management of the beautiful classroom of materials and each child’s knowledge of the world through them.
- Participate and encourage respectful actions of children and adults to each other, and the acceptance of all ethnic groups.
- Accept and participate in, if possible, the sharing of the Good News of Jesus Christ and celebration of His birthday and other Christian events.
Salary and benefits will be discussed at the interview and will be based upon experience and qualifications. The job is fulltime but flexible in hours.
Call: Sharron Reece, 206-919-8141 for further information and an interview.
Below is a list of the Sensorial variations and memory games that MTP of WA is known for. These are special games that we have created, or that Dr. Billings saw when she took the MIA course in Italy in 1960.
* Knobbed Cylinders: 2, 3, or 4 cylinders together, with or without blindfold
* Knobless Cylinders: The fence
* Broad Stairs: With language and labels
* Red Rods: With language and labels
* Color Tablets:
Box 2, With labels;
1 set taken to a distant table for memory game
* Geometric Solids:
Finding the same shape in the room
Naming the shape inside the mystery bag
* Geometric Cabinet:
Naming tray #6 with 3 period lesson
Grading tray #2, from small to large (circles)
Memory Game with tray (insets at table, frame on rug)
Two; 2) Three, 3) Four, 4) Five; 5) Six
Matching inset to cards;
Two; 2) Three; 3) Four; 4) Five; 5) Six
* Matching Fabrics:
With blindfold; with labels
* Baric Tablets:
* Thermic Tablets:
* Olfactory: With names of scents, with labels
* Gustatory: With names, with labels
* Sound Cylinders:
Matching extremes in both boxes
Grading one box
Grading two boxes
* Bells: Listening Game
Matching voice to bell
High and low game
Matching 6 brown bells at table with 6 white on the shelf
Grading 8 brown bells at at table with 8 white bells on the shelf.
Playing a major C song on the bells
All the articles posted in this website are written by Sharlet McClurkin, a founder of Montessori Teacher Preparation of WA.
I would like to invite all our current students to take part in our online class format.
Please go to EC (2 1/2 – 6 yrs) page from our website and select ‘Curriculum’ and find Geography lessons 101-106.
You will be writing presentation sheets and submit them to Google Classroom weekly.