Mrs. Reece recalls, “Twenty years ago, I came into Montessori education through my own daughter when she was only a toddler. I watched her learn and develop toward her potential through the elementary Montessori years. Now I truly enjoy training adults from all over the world in the practical life and language materials. Having my BA in art, I enjoy helping new teachers learn of the joy of abstract art.”
Yoon Mi Kim Instructor
Yoon Mi Kim was born in South Korea and is married to her wonderful husband, Dong Ik. Together, they have four beautiful children who were all educated in the Montessori Classroom. The eldest was only 2 ½ years old when she was enrolled in to the Montessori Preschool and ever since Yoon Mi has been a part of the Montessori world ever since. In 1997, her and her family immigrated to the United States and she decided to become a Montessori teacher after she was inspired by the children’s unique abilities to learn. By observing her own children as well as her students, Yoon Mi has experienced first-hand the effectiveness of the Montessori education philosophy and strives to help students reach their potential in and out of the classroom.
- 2018-Current: Montessori Teacher Preparation Educator
- 2017-Current: Lead Teacher, New Life Montessori School, New Castle, WA
- 2004-2017: Lead Teacher, Montessori Plus School, Kent, WA
- 1997: Montessori Teacher Preparation Certificate received 2004
- 1990: BS Accounting Chung Nam University, South Korea