On-Site Montessori Training Courses
Montessori Teacher Preparation of Washington’s onsite classes have been accredited for sixteen years by the Montessori Accreditation Council of Teacher Education (MACTE). This accreditation allowed MTP of WA the opportunity to apply to the US Department of Homeland Security to grant I-20s to qualified international students. An additional 12-months of OPT is also available for those international students who would like to gain more experience in the field of Montessori.
We accept applications from International Students applying from their home country, F-1 transfer students from other institutions within the US and those non-immigrant visa holders who would like to change their status to study in the US.
On-Site Course Requirements
- Certification by the International Association of Progressive Montessori (IAPM) will be awarded to all graduates of the entire program
- The following certificates are awarded by MTP of WA:
-Certificate of attendance on the last day of class.
-Academic certificate after all the academic course work of 34 written assignments and 10 albums has been completed (course work for Montessori training may be completed in languages other than English)
- MTP of WA and IAPM teaching certificates will be awarded after all course work and internship requirements have been met
Tuition and Fees (effective 1/1/2021)
- Residents: 1st Year- Academic Phase Tuition and Fees: $5,466
- International Students: 1st Year- Academic Phase Tuition and Fees: $6,066
- Practicum Phase (Residents and International Students) Fees: $1,000
*6 Required books are available for $100 at the time of registration
COVID-19 2021 Modified Course Schedule and Location
Accepting applications for the 2021/2022 school year
We have open enrollment policy and accept students on a monthly basis.
Kent Class: 318 3rd Ave. S. Kent, WA 98032 (Classroom inside the Holy Spirit Church)
Students will participate in online courses and attend two onsite Saturday sessions each month
For application forms, please go to Admission page
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to download and print forms. Download here.